With so much to read, I find myself juggling three books at the moment – Hesse’s ‘Narcissus and Goldmund’, Fox and Sheldrake’s ‘The physics of Angels’ and Canfield’s ‘The Success Principles – How to get from where you are to where you want to be’.
It’s my applied learning from Canfield’s book that I wish to share with you in this post.
The principles which are present for me at the moment and which I’ve been actioning by applying them to my life are:
- Define a specific goal
- Repeat affirmations (ideally) three times a day
- Visualise your success clearly with emotions of gratitude and joy
- Make note of inspired ideas
- Take action
- Act as though you’ve achieved your goal
I won’t go into the minutae, but I will explain to you what I’ve begun to experience after about a fortnight of applying these things into my life.
- Building confidence – I’ve been finding that what I wish to achieve requires me to act in ways that move me beyond my edges. My goal and intention is moving me to stretch beyond my comfort zone. This is bringing me to confront my demons and self-limiting beliefs. I’ve been enjoying the thrill that comes from acting on an idea in a way that I never have done before. Regardless of the outcome, the fact I’m doing it is a success because I’m growing.
- Experiencing synchronicity – Going beyond my comfort zone is bringing me to interact with new people. These interactions often involve authentic sharing. Sometimes opportunities present themselves unexpectedly from such meetings.
- Becoming my best self – I’m finding my mindset is changing as well. Motivated to be the person who is already living as though I’ve achieved my goal, I catch myself now in supermarkets asking myself ‘what would that Rob eat?’ ‘How would that Rob dress?’ My personal image – the way I present myself to the world – is evolving.
- Higher personal standards – I’ve been raising the bar in all that I do, recognising that everything in my life is a reflection of my self-worth, attitude and proficiency. In short, I’ve begun the process of embodying excellence.
I’m not going to say that I’ve arrived, but it’s satisfying to feel myself growing, shifting and moving. Self love is really important in all of this, as is expressing gratitude sincerely to Mother (Gaia) and all whom I appreciate and feel love for.